Dogsledding Weekend Escape - 2 Nights
Have you ever imagined how it feels to stand on a dogsled? Ride your own team of loyal dogs through pristine wilderness, the only sound you'll hear is the happy panting of your dogs and the runners of your sled on the crisp snow? Let us make your dream come true! Multiple Iditarod racer Michelle Phillips and Yukon Quest veteran Ed Hopkins with their team take you under their wings and show you how to run your own dogteam. The tour starts in Tagish at the Musher's Kennel where you meet your guide and the dogteam.
You then gear up and hop on the sled for a transfer as passenger across the frozen Lake to the Lodge. The next day, you'll enjoy a full day with your dogs, learning how to care for them and how to drive a sled. The evening offers a chance to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights. Your tour ends with you driving your dogteam back to Tagish and saying goodby to your new four legged friends.
Prices per person in Canadian Dollars CAD, exclusive of 5% GST Occupancy 3 days/2 nights Additional night incl. meals & equipment Double CAD 1350 CAD 260 Single CAD 1690 CAD 360
- Drive your own sled with Iditarod and Quest veteran dogs!
- 3 days of dogsledding on and around Tagish Lake
- 1 person per sled - you drive your own team!
- 2:1 customer/guide ratio for an exclusive and private experience!
Day-1 Arrival Meet the mushers at their Kennel in Tagish (individual arrival or optional shuttle transfer to/from Tagish) and gear up for the ride. You'll ride to the Lodge as a passenger in the dogsled, or standing on the runners with your musher. After a smooth 1 hour ride, you'll reach Tagish Wilderness Lodge, your home for the next couple of days. Enjoy a nature interpretive walk by your hosts to learn about life in he North. Don't miss to go out at night to marvel at the mystic Northern Lights, another unique winter experience in the Yukon! Day-2 Dogsledding Experience
Get your team ready for a day out in the wilderness. You'll drive across the lake to a remote camp spot, where you learn how to take care of your dogteam during an outing. Refreshed and strenghened by a hearty trapper's lunch, you'll head home where a warm shower and hot herbal sauna is waiting for you. Another chance for you to watch the spectacular Northern Lights unfold at night.
Day-3 Departure After breakfast, you slowly get ready for the ride home. You'll reach Tagish Lake Kennel late morning/early afternoon and say goodbye to your loyal huskies.
Prices are in Canadian Dollars CAD, exclusive of 5% GST Skiplane Whitehorse - Tagish v.v.- max. 3 persons (total load 270 kg) CAD 495.00 per aircraft, per way* Private shuttle from/to Whitehorse CAD 220.00 per vehicle, per way
- Overnight stay in your own private log cabin with comfortable down bedding
- Firewood as needed
- All meals while at the Lodge, plus afternoon snack
- Use of showers & luxury herbal sauna
- Guided dogsledding on all 3 days (transfer IN and OUT of the Lodge, plus 1 full day mushing)
- Travel to/from Tagish - Tagish Lake Kennel (see Transfer Options)
- Alcoholic beverages (the Lodge is fully licensed)
- Winter clothing - bring your own (ask us for a packlist) or book it with your trip!
- Personal insurance
- 5% Goods & Services Tax (GST)
Terms & ConditionsPlease refer to our Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Also, please be aware that all of our guests are required to sign a liability waiver prior to arrival at the Lodge. You will receive the waiver form once your booking is confirmed.